Property adverts and how to bid for housing
Service update - 26 March
The advertising of Council and Housing Association properties is suspended for at least two weeks.
Bedfordshire Homefinder has suspended all advertising of properties for a period of at least two weeks from 26 March 2020. This is due to the need to keep customers and staff safe and able to maintain isolation or social distancing during the current Coronavirus emergency. We are working on emergency procedures which will allow us to carry out our allocation, viewing and letting procedures safely.
We will keep the situation under review and resume normal service as soon as we can.
We are leaving the information below live in order that you understand how bidding works, once the service resumes.
How bidding works
Other properties available
We have agreed, through our planning powers, for Clifton Park Homes to offer a proportion of new Park Homes to people over 55 in housing need in Central Bedfordshire. Applicants must meet the Park Homes and Housing Need criteria. Read more about the park homes, including eligibility.
Visit Bedfordshire Homefinder's website for properties advertised from April 2019 to September 2019.
You will be able to see the successful applicant's band and length of wait before they were allocated a property. The length of time waiting can vary because some areas are more popular than others.
This information may help you decide which properties to bid on. Only you can decide whether it is more important that you are housed quickly in a property which may not meet all your preferences but which will solve your housing problem, or; whether you can wait longer for a property that you really want.
We recommend you read our short guides on how to use the system and what to do, before you start bidding for the first time.
- how to bid guide – explains what to do if you are bidding for the first time and how to use the system
- guide to symbols – this guide will help you to understand the symbols on adverts
- bidding on new properties – don’t bid on new properties if you need to move quickly; read this essential guidance if you want to bid for a new property
- guide to using the mobile app – never miss a property! Download the Bedfordshire Homefinder app so that you can place bids from your phone wherever you are
- guide to housing for disabled people – do you have mobility difficulties? This guide explains how to identify properties which may meet your needs
- housing for older people FAQs – do you have questions about housing for older people? Here are the answers to some of our frequently asked questions