Property adverts and how to bid for housing
Service update - 15 May
Bedfordshire Homefinder has suspended all advertising for a further period of at least a week from 15 May 2020. Its priority is to keep customers and staff safe and be able to maintain isolation or social distancing during the current coronavirus emergency. It's continuing to develop procedures which will allow staff to carry out its allocation, viewing and letting procedures safely, while supporting the government’s advice on staying at home and supporting the NHS, in order to save lives.
We will keep the situation under continuous review and we will resume our normal service as soon as we can. In the meantime, please check this page regularly for updates.
How bidding works
Other properties available
We have agreed, through our planning powers, for Clifton Park Homes to offer a proportion of new Park Homes to people over 55 in housing need in Central Bedfordshire. Applicants must meet the Park Homes and Housing Need criteria. Read more about the park homes, including eligibility.
Visit Bedfordshire Homefinder's website for properties advertised from April 2019 to September 2019.
You will be able to see the successful applicant's band and length of wait before they were allocated a property. The length of time waiting can vary because some areas are more popular than others.
This information may help you decide which properties to bid on. Only you can decide whether it is more important that you are housed quickly in a property which may not meet all your preferences but which will solve your housing problem, or; whether you can wait longer for a property that you really want.
We recommend you read our short guides on how to use the system and what to do, before you start bidding for the first time.
- how to bid guide – explains what to do if you are bidding for the first time and how to use the system
- guide to symbols – this guide will help you to understand the symbols on adverts
- bidding on new properties – don’t bid on new properties if you need to move quickly; read this essential guidance if you want to bid for a new property
- guide to using the mobile app – never miss a property! Download the Bedfordshire Homefinder app so that you can place bids from your phone wherever you are
- guide to housing for disabled people – do you have mobility difficulties? This guide explains how to identify properties which may meet your needs
- housing for older people FAQs – do you have questions about housing for older people? Here are the answers to some of our frequently asked questions