Do you qualify for social housing?
Anyone over the age of 16 with a housing need can apply to join the Housing Register. Certain conditions apply to tenancies allocated to applicants between the ages of 16 to 18.
Some people might not qualify or be eligible to join the Housing Register.
- people with no housing need
- certain people who are subject to immigration control
- people with a history of unacceptable behaviour
- people who owe debt to us or to a registered provider
- people who have not complied with a previous tenancy agreement
- people who have a household income of more than £45,000 to £80,000 a year (dependent upon household size)
- people who own their own home
For more information, please read our leaflet (PDF) which summarises the allocation scheme.
For further detail about the criteria included in the allocation scheme summary, please refer to our Housing Allocation Scheme (PDF). This includes local lettings policies (PDFs) in respect of particular areas or groups of properties where the criteria of the allocation scheme is varied to achieve particular housing management or policy objectives.