Do you qualify for social housing?
Important Housing Register changes
We’ve got some changes coming to our Housing Register, to make it fairer. These mean you’ll need to re-register, once our new system is live.
Joining the Housing Register
Anyone over the age of 16 with a housing need can apply to join the Housing Register. Certain conditions apply to tenancies allocated to applicants between the ages of 16 to 18.
Some people might not qualify or be eligible to join the Housing Register.
- people with no housing need
- certain people who are subject to immigration control
- people with a history of unacceptable behaviour
- people who owe debt to us or to a registered provider
- people who have not complied with a previous tenancy agreement
- people who have a household income or savings above the thresholds published in our Annual Lettings Plan
- people who own their own home
For more information, please read our leaflet (PDF) which summarises the allocation scheme.
For further detail about the criteria included in the allocation scheme summary, please refer to our Housing Allocation Scheme (PDF).
Updated Allocation Scheme 2023
After an extensive consultation earlier this year, changes to our Allocation Scheme have now been approved.
- View or download the updated Allocation Scheme (PDF)
- View or download the Allocation summary leaflet (PDF)
We will notify our applicants how they will be affected by the scheme as it is rolled out in early December.