Alcohol and entertainment licensing

Alcohol licences

If you are selling alcohol you will need certain licences.

Any premises where alcohol will be sold on a permanent basis need a premises licence.

These premises will also require a designated premises supervisor (DPS) who holds a personal licence.

Anyone who plans to sell, supply, or authorise the sale or supply of alcohol needs a personal licence.

Qualifying members’ clubs (such as the Royal British Legion, working men’s clubs and rugby clubs) need a club premises certificate.

Anyone who plans to sell or supply alcohol on a temporary basis must submit a temporary event notice.

Licensing policy (PDF 66.8KB)