Alcohol and entertainment licensing

New premises licence

Apply for a premises licence

Premises licences

To carry out any of the following on your premises, you will need a premises licence:

  • providing regulated entertainment (plays, films, indoor sporting events, boxing or wrestling events, live music, recorded music, dance performances, or anything similar)
  • providing late night refreshment
  • supplying alcohol

How to apply

Before applying, check the fees for premises licences.

If you are an individual aged over 18 or part of a business or partnership, you can apply online. You need to send us:

  • a completed application form (including form of consent of licence holder, if applicable)
  • the fee
  • an operating schedule
  • a plan of the premises
  • if alcohol is being supplied, a signed consent form from the Designated Premises Supervisor

You will also need to advertise your application on and around the premises for at least 28 consecutive days and in a local newspaper within 10 days of your application.

Further details can be found in our guidance notes.

Please send your completed application to: 

Central Bedfordshire Council
Licensing Team
Thorn Turn
Grendall Lane
Houghton Regis

You also need to send a copy of your application to the Police Licensing Officer and to all of the responsible authorities listed in the application pack.

Applications can be accepted via email and can be sent to

If you need to put tables and chairs on the pavement, outside your premises

Apply online for a tables and chairs licence

Application forms and information

Please note: These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. If you need an accessible version, please email

Premises licence guidance notes (PDF 35.8KB)

Premises licence application pack (PDF 390.7KB)

Responsible authorities

Consent of individual to be specified as premises supervisor (PDF 9.4KB)

Notice of application template (PDF)

Checklist (PDF 14.5KB)

What happens next?

Once your application is received, you may receive a visit from a licensing officer.

If there are no objections within the 28 days consultation period, the licence will be granted as soon as possible, and no later than 28 days after the consultation period.

If representations are received from a responsible authority or any other person within the 28 day consultation period, a hearing will be arranged within the next 28 days.

Tacit consent

Tacit consent does not apply for this licence. You must not assume that your licence is granted if you have not heard from us. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please email the licensing team at