Alternative complaints procedures
Complaints about child protection conferences
Complaints about the following aspects of a child protection conference need to be addressed under the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) complaints procedure:
- the process of the conference
- the outcome, in terms of the fact of and/or the category of primary concern at the time the child became the subject of a child protection plan
- a decision for the child to become, or not to become, the subject of a child protection plan or not to cease the child being the subject of a child protection plan
Complainants should contact the conference chair to express their concerns in the first instance and to seek further details on the complaint procedure.
Complaints about councillors
Complaints about councillors who may have breached the Code of Conduct fall to our Monitoring Officer to address under a separate procedure. There is an online form available below to assist with this.
The Members' Code of Conduct (Part 5A of the Central Bedfordshire Council Constitution) outlines the code of conduct for our councillors.
Town and parish councillors will be subject to their own codes of conduct.
The Arrangements for dealing with Standards Allegations (Part 5B of Central Bedfordshire Council Constitution) details arrangements under the Localism Act 2001, which applies to town and parish councillors in Central Bedfordshire and Central Bedfordshire Council councillors.
Decisions on complaints about councillors
This page contains decision notices detailing the outcome of complaints made about our councillors since 17 November 2016.
The following complaints have been received:
- anonymised decision notice – CEN059.107 (November 2020)
- anonymised decision notice – CEN059.108 (October 2020)
- anonymised decision notice – CEN059.106 (July 2020)
- redacted decision notice – CEN059.100 (March 2020)
- decision notice – CEN059.100 (January 2020)
- decision notice – CEN059.079 (May 2019) (PDF 950.7KB)
- decision notice – CEN059.080 (May 2019) (PDF 950.2KB)
- anonymised decision notice – CEN059.080 (PDF 121.3KB)
- anonymised decision notice – CEN059.091 (PDF 36KB)
- anonymised decision notice – CEN059.090 (PDF 38.5KB)
- amended anonymised decision notice – CEN059.0079 (PDF 196.6KB)
- amended anonymised decision notice – CEN059.0082 (PDF 111.4KB)
Contact your town and parish council (link opens in new window) for information regarding decisions about their councillors.
Complaints about schools/governors
The Schools Standards and Framework Act 1998 places a duty on the governing body of a school to manage complaints about their individual school. These complaints are therefore not our responsibility.
Partnership with another organisation
Where a service is delivered through a partnership with another organisation, the complaint should be directed to the organisation who delivered the service.