Do I qualify for social housing?
Anyone over the age of 16 with a housing need can apply to join the Housing Register. Certain conditions apply to tenancies allocated to applicants between the ages of 16-18.
Some people might not qualify or be eligible to join the Housing Register.
- certain people who are subject to immigration control
- people with a history of unacceptable behaviour
- people who owe debt to the council or to a registered provider
- people who have not complied with a previous tenancy agreement
- people who have a household income of more than £45,000 to £80,000 a year (dependent upon household size)
- people who own their own home
For more information please refer to our Housing Allocation Scheme (PDF 1.2MB) .