Apply for school transport

Children with special educational needs (SEN) or disabilities

There is no automatic entitlement for pupils with an Education Health Care Plan or Statement of Special Educational Needs. However transport can be provided if you live further than the statutory walking distances (mentioned in the Home to School Transport section 1 above) and:

  • attend their nearest or catchment mainstream school.
  • attend the nearest suitable special school, which has been agreed by us as being able to meet their needs

If your child lives under the statutory walking distance but their needs would mean it was unsafe for them to walk even when accompanied by an appropriate adult, then transport may also be provided.

Please fill in the Special Educational Needs online application form.

Apply for transport for special or educational needs >>

If you would like a hard copy of the SEN application form, please contact us.

Find out more about bus passes for disabled people


Telephone: 0300 300 8339


Back to the top