Your children may be able to get travel assistance to school depending on how far the walk is and any special needs they have.
All children who are in reception year to the end of year 11 qualify for travel assistance if they go to their nearest suitable or catchment school and live at least:
- 2 miles from the school if they are under 8
- 3 miles from the school if they are 8 or older. The statutory walking distances are measured by the shortest available walking route
- live in an area where there are no viable walking routes
Please ensure your application for transport is submitted by the deadline date. Applications received after this time may not be assessed until after October half term.
- upper and secondary school: 31 March 2021
- primary, lower and middle school: 21 May 2021
Please note: you can't apply for school transport until we've confirmed your school place. National offer day is 16 April for starting school and middle school.