We apologise for the delay in answering your calls
We are responding to all enquiries as quickly as possible, but due to the very high volume of calls and emails there are long waiting times for all incoming phone calls. We apologise if you experience a long waiting time and we are doing our best to reduce this.
Abusive behaviour towards our staff will not be tolerated.
Your children may be able to get travel assistance to school depending on how far the walk is and any special needs they have.
All children who are in reception year to the end of year 11 qualify for travel assistance if they go to their nearest suitable or catchment school and live at least:
- 2 miles from the school if they are under 8
- 3 miles from the school if they are 8 or older. The statutory walking distances are measured by the shortest available walking route
- live in an area where there are no viable walking routes
Please ensure your application for transport is submitted by the deadline date. Applications received after this time may not be assessed until after October half term.
- upper and secondary school: 31 March 2021
- primary, lower and middle school: 21 May 2021
Please note: you can't apply for school transport until we've confirmed your school place. National offer day is 16 April for starting school and middle school.
Policies for school transport
The following policies govern our school transport service:
- Policy for Travel Assistance for Children and Young People Attending School (PDF)
- Travel Assistance Policy for 19 to 25 year olds with SEND and/or an EHC plan (PDF)
- Policy for Travel Assistance for Young People Aged 16 to 19 (PDF)
Telephone: 0300 300 8339 (If waiting times exceed an hour, lines may be closed to enable calls already in the queue to be dealt with)
8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday (closed between 10am and 2pm on Wednesdays for training and admin)
8am to 4:30pm, Friday