Post 16 pupils
Deadline date for admissions September 2019 is 8 August 2019. Applications received after these dates may not be processed until after October half term
If your child is between 16 and 18 and in further education or sixth form, we may be able to help with transport. Transport is provided to pupils who attend the catchment or nearest school or the nearest establishment which offers the chosen course.
The distance from home to school or college needs to be between 3 and 20 miles (measured by walking distance up to 3 miles and motorised route after 3 miles) and:
- someone within the household is in receipt of an eligible benefit - this page shows a list relevant benefits
- have a medical need (you will require written proof from you GP, hospital consultant or psychiatrist)
- Are a looked after child by us and in residential or foster care
- be enrolled on a course that is not recognised as exceeding level 3 course content (or equivalent)
- be enrolled on a course which we've acknowledged as being the nearest able to meet the needs of the student, as set out in their educational health care plan (EHCP)
- be over 16, but under 25, in the academic year being applied for (transport for special educational needs can be provided up to age 25 if specifically required through an educational health care plan)
- live in Central Bedfordshire for the whole academic year
If your child is not in one of the categories above, no transport would be provided. For more information please view our Post 16 Transport Policy (PDF 342.1KB) .
If you are not entitled to transport through us, we would also advise you to contact your education provider as colleges and schools have access to the 16-18 bursary which can help towards your transport costs. These are administered directly by schools and colleges and the amount they offer may vary depending on your circumstances.
You will need your supporting evidence: medical letter, low income information (dated no more than 2 months prior to your application) or your payment receipt to complete this form. Please ensure you have this to hand before completing the application as you are unable to submit the application without this documentation.
Please be aware that if a student has a qualifying medical need you may be able to apply for a disabled persons bus pass from our Public Transport Team. If you are eligible for such a pass, you will be expected to use it to travel between home and college on public transport where appropriate.
Please note: this form is not for concessionary travel on mainstream school buses. Find out how to apply for concessionary travel to school.