Mutual exchange

If I downsize, do I get the Tenant's Incentive?

No, it does not apply to mutual exchanges. The Tenant’s Incentive is a scheme that encourages and rewards tenants for downsizing into a smaller home. This does not apply to mutual exchanges.

If you want to downsize your property within Central Bedfordshire, whether it is to another council house or to a housing association property, you may wish to consider registering with the Choice Based Lettings scheme and finding a property that way.

More information on Choice Based Lettings (CBL)

Call 0300 300 8302, or go to the Bedfordshire Homefinder (link opens in new window) website for more information on choice based lettings and the Tenant's Incentive scheme.