Mutual exchange and rightsizing

Mutual exchange - swapping your council home

A mutual exchange takes place when 2 or more tenants swap their council homes.

We provide tenants with two exchange services: Homeswapper and House Exchange.

After your registration is approved, you will be able to search for homes you like. When you find a swap, you'll need to apply to us for permission (find out how to apply for a house exchange).

You can sign up for both services which are free to use.