Report or track roads and highways problems - potholes, street lights

Report and track roads and highways problems

You can report the following roads and highways problems online:

  • potholes
  • faulty street lights
  • dead animals
  • damaged pavements
  • faulty traffic lights
  • draining or flooding problems
  • overgrown trees and hedges
  • obstructions in the road
  • road sign or other street furniture
  • damage to bus stops and bus shelters

Report a problem on the road or pavement >>

Track a report you've already made

You can now track an existing report which you have already made. You will need your enquiry reference number to view the latest information.

Track a report you've already made >>

Reporting an emergency

If you need to report an emergency, such as a streetlight with wires exposed, please contact our 24 hour emergency team on 0300 300 8049.

General information

If you have a general service request, you can email us -

Where we can’t help

We’re responsible for most roads in Central Bedfordshire, but there are some privately owned roads and some roads in new housing estates are still owned by the developer.

Highways England (link opens in new window) are responsible for fixing problems on the motorways and other major roads like the A5 in Dunstable. You will need to report any problems on these roads or pavements to Highways England (link opens in new window).