Report a parking problem
You can report a parking problem in Central Bedfordshire by calling 0300 300 8005.
Our lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday, 8:30am until 5:30pm
- Friday, 8:30am until 4:30pm
Alternatively you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your email. We will investigate to see if we can help sort the parking issues you have raised. Please be aware that it might not be possible to send an officer to the area immediately.
Parking on single yellow lines
Parking restrictions on single yellow lines can be enforced during times outlined on time plates in that area. Time plates will show restricted days and times. If you park on a single yellow line during restricted times, you could be issued with a penalty charge notice (PCN).
Parking on double yellow lines
Parking on double yellow lines can be enforced 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you park on a double yellow line, you could be issued with a penalty charge notice (PCN).
When we cannot issue a penalty charge notice (PCN)
Before you report a parking problem to us please take into account that we cannot issue a penalty notice if:
- there isn't a parking restriction
- a vehicle parked on a yellow line is loading/unloading or picking up/dropping off passengers
- a disabled motorist has parked on a yellow line (single or double) for three hours or less
Police can issue fixed penalty notices of £30 for unnecessary or wilful obstruction.
- police will only deal with dangerous obstructions, causing an immediate danger, which are real and unnecessary to other road users
- police will respond to the reported obstruction appropriately; they may not attend immediately and any action taken will be at the judgment and discretion of the officer attending
- police will not deal with inconsiderate parking
Cars parked on pavements
We can only issue a penalty charge notice (PCN) to cars parked on pavements if:
- there are signs advising that you cannot park on the pavement, or
- there is a restriction in place such as a single or double yellow line on the road next to the vehicle
If there are no notices in place, we cannot issue a penalty charge notice (PCN).
Where the police may be able to help
If a car is causing an obstruction on the pavement, the police can carry out enforcement on the vehicle.