Exclusion from school

What happens after the panel meets?

The clerk will notify all parties of the Panel’s decision in writing without delay.

Parents do not have the right of appeal against the decision of an Independent Review Panel.

If you believe that the Panel was not conducted properly, you may complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.

If you believe that the Panel’s decision was perverse, that is, one that no reasonable authority could have made, you can apply for a judicial review within 3 months of the review hearing.