Report a missed bin collection
Please report this to us and we’ll check why your bin wasn’t emptied and get back to you. In the meantime, continue leave your bin / bag at the normal collection point. You need to report a missed bin collection within two working days (working days are Monday to Friday).
Did you leave your bin out by 7am?
If you forgot to leave your bin out by 7am at the boundary of your property, you’ll need to wait until the next bin collection day or take your rubbish to a tidy tip.
My bin was out on the right day and time and wasn’t collected
Other reasons we didn’t collect your bin might include:
- recycling bins contained non-recyclable items – you may receive a red tag on the bin to indicate what the issue was
- domestic bins contained items we can’t accept such as rubble, soil, hazardous or clinical waste
- garden waste bins and sacks contained items we can’t accept such as food waste, soil and plastic bags
- adverse weather – find out what we do when adverse weather, such as ice and show affect bin collections
- things we can’t predict e.g. blocked or closed road. If this happens, we will collect your bin as soon as possible so continue to leave it out
- it was too heavy. For guidance, bins have an 80kg weight limit. Collection teams work within these limits to ensure the truck can lift the bin without damaging equipment or being lost. If there is a risk of waste spilling out or a hazard to the collection team, then they won't collect it. Other reasons could be that the lid is excessively open (typically only slightly ajar by an inch or two is acceptable). Bags piled on top of the lid (or under) can also result in a failed collection