Bins and waste collections - check bin collection days
Bank holiday waste collections
Waste collections do not change on the bank holiday Monday. We will still collect waste on Monday, 26 August.
One week we will collect your black lidded rubbish bin, and the following week your recycling and garden waste will be collected. If you receive a food waste collection, this is collected on a weekly basis.
Check your waste collection dates
You can now check your waste collection dates using our chatbot. Click on the bin image to open this up.
You'll see this on your screen:
- bottom right on a computer screen
- floating image on the right if you are on a mobile or tablet
Type in your street name to check your next bin day. Please click the feedback tab when you've used this to let us know what you thought of it and if we can make any improvements.
Putting out rubbish for collection
On collection day:
- leave bins / garden waste sacks at the boundary of your property by 7am
- check bins / garden waste sacks don't obstruct the pavement
- don't overload bins - garden waste bags have a weight limit of 10kg (see map below); wheelie bins have a weight limit of 85kg (see map below) - bins which are considered too heavy for safe handling and emptying will not be emptied (even if they weigh less than 85kg)
- take your containers back onto your property once they've been collected
If you put your rubbish out and we don't collect it, you can report a missed bin collection. We explain how to do this and possible reasons for why collection wasn't made e.g. wrong bin out on the wrong day.
Help putting waste out
We will help residents who are unable to move their waste and recycling containers to the normal collection point (highway boundary) themselves and do not have anyone living at the address who is available to assist. Find out about assisted bin collection.
Bins and sacks we use
We provide different bins depending on where you live. These are shown in this image.