How to use your kitchen caddy
Residents who receive a weekly food waste collection are provided with a small 7-litre brown kitchen caddy and larger 23-litre brown collection container for their food waste.
We collect food waste weekly on the same day as your other waste collections; just follow these 2 steps:
- line your small kitchen caddy with the polythene food waste bags provided; please don't use any other type of carrier bags (if you run out of the polythene food waste bags please wrap any food waste inside newspaper)
- when it is full, tie the bag and put it into your larger, outside, 23-litre food waste caddy
The outside food bins have lockable lids, which will keep flies out and help deter rats, foxes and squirrels!
Replacement food waste bags
What goes in your brown food waste caddy?
- meat and fish - raw and cooked (including small bones)
- raw and cooked vegetables and fruit (including peelings, stones and nut shells)
- all dairy products such as cheese
- eggs (including shells)
- bread, pastries and cakes
- pasta, rice and beans
- teabags and coffee grounds
- uneaten leftovers from dishes and plates (including fish and poultry bones)
- out-of-date food
- pet food
What cannot go in your brown food waste caddy?
- compostable bag or wrapping
- plastic or polystyrene pots or trays
- tin foil or food containers
- cardboard packaging
- liquids like cooking oil or juice
- large meat bones
- garden waste
- glass or china
- pet mess, litter or bedding
Order food waste bags