Request a parking restriction
There's an app for that
You can also use the FixMyStreet app to request and track issues.
Find the app on Apple's App Store
Resolving parking issues
We are often asked to intervene to help resolve parking issues.
The types of issues residents raise, where a restriction may help, is where parking:
- creates a hazard for pedestrians by blocking footways and footpaths
- makes it difficult for people to get in and out of their drive
- disrupts the flow of traffic, making access difficult for service vehicles
- impairs drivers' vision at junctions and bends, putting opposing traffic into conflict
- contributes to congestion and causes inconvenience at busy times and around schools
- crowds out local residents in streets popular with commuters
- damages verges and amenity areas
Before you start, we strongly recommend reading our Car Parking Strategy (PDF 2MB) , as this sets out our policy and explains where we will and won’t intervene.
We would stress that there is no automatic right to park on the public highway and we will be cautious in placing restrictions, especially where these constrain or confer a privileged use of available kerb space.