Parking permits - residential, visitors and market traders

Carers' parking permits

Residents who receive regular care will normally qualify for a parking permit which can be used by the carer who visits them. With a carers' permit, your carer can park on the residential street where you see signs to say the bays are for Resident Permit holders.

How to apply for a carers' parking permit

You can apply for a carers' parking permit online or by post.

The evidence we need

We will need a letter from your GP or Doctor, Social Worker/Care Provision company confirming that you require constant care at your residence.

We will also need proof of residence – either:

  • copy of Council Tax letter or
  • utility bill ( within last 3 months)

The letter must be in your name and show the eligible address. If they are not enclosed with your application then this will cause a delay and you may receive a Penalty Charge Notice. If you are unable to meet this requirement then please contact us via email at  or telephone the parking team on 0300 300 8005.

Apply online

Apply for your parking permit online

Apply by post

Download the carers' permit application form and post it, with your evidence, to:

Central Bedfordshire Council
Watling House
High Street North

How to renew a carers' parking permit

Renew your parking permit online

Renew by post

Download the parking permit renewal form and post it to:

Parking team
Central Bedfordshire Council
Watling House

What happens after the application has been approved?

Once the application has been approved, you will receive an email (if you gave us your email address) informing you of the decision. You will also be sent a paper permit in the post which you can give to the carer to display in their car whilst they are at your property. Just remember to collect your permit back before they leave.

What to do when your permit is due to expire

When your permit is due to expire, you will either receive an email or a letter (if you haven't given us your email address) to remind you to renew your carers' permit.