Trees and high hedges | Central Bedfordshire Council

Trees and high hedges

Report a high hedge

You must try to settle a dispute about a high hedge informally before we can intervene.

You can make a complaint if the hedge is all of these:

  • 2 or more mostly evergreen or semi-evergreen trees or shrubs
  • over 2 metres tall
  • affecting your enjoyment of your home or garden because it’s too tall

It costs £720 to consider your complaint.

Before making a formal complaint, please read this advice on complaining to a council from GOV.UK (link opens in new window).

Make a complaint

Complete the High Hedges complaint form (PDF 40KB)  and return, with payment, to:

Planning administration
Central Bedfordshire Council
Priory House
Monks Walk
SG17 5TQ