Deferred payments

Mental health

Carers and families can help people to make decisions about how to pay for care.

If we are concerned that the person applying for the deferred payment agreement does not have the capacity to understand, or will not have capacity to understand in the near future, then another person may need to represent them.

Only a person that is properly authorised, like someone with legal power of attorney, can represent someone in applying for a deferred payment agreement.

Useful links

NHS funded nursing care (PDF 340.9KB)

Money Advice Service (link opens in new window)