Deferred payments

What happens if someone else lives in the house?

We will consider your partner’s circumstances too if you need care in a care home.

We might exclude the value of your home when we assess your finances, to work out how much you will have to pay towards the costs of your care.

This means you will not face having to sell your home to pay for care and will not need a deferred payment agreement.

You should still be able get a deferred payment agreement (if they sign the agreement too) if the value of your home is not excluded.