Deferred payments

Gifting your home

You can make gifts to your children as your home and your money still belong to you if you have a deferred payment agreement.

The gifts will be part of the financial assessment as notional capital. Deferred payment agreements always need to be repaid, either by:

  • the sale of your home after your death
  • someone else
  • something like the pay-out from a life assurance policy