What will the tidy tips accept?
Tidy tips reopen from 11 May
See our main tidy tip page for more information as you will need to book a slot before visiting.
Our Household Waste Recycling Centres (tidy tips) accept:
- glass bottles and jars
- cardboard (including corrugated cardboard)
- green garden waste
- newspaper and paper
- aluminium cans
- hard plastics (how we deal with hard plastics)
- scrap metal
- electrical applicances
- TVs, computer equipment etc. (please ensure all personal data is removed from items such as PCs, laptops, smart TVs, mobile phones, tablets and sat navs)
- white electrical goods
- household furniture (beds, mattresses, wardrobes, chest of drawers, etc.)
- carpets and underlays (no carpet tiles)
- car and household batteries
- light bulbs
- used engine and cooking oil
- gas cylinders (please note: we are unable to accept commercial or industrial cylinders)
- one fridge or one fridge-freezer
- one freezer
- mixed recycling
If you have large / bulky items, which are too difficult to get to the tip, then you can arrange a bulky waste collection. We can also collect fridges and freezers. There are charges for these collections.