Alternative waste facilities

Alternative recycling facilities

There are many companies who offer alternative recycling facilities for householders and companies.

We do not endorse any of the above listed sites / services. If you want your company to be added to the list please email

Ask to see the company or person's Waste Carriers' Licence. This will be issued by the Environment Agency and display their logo and will show the licence holder’s details (if you are in any doubt about this being legitimate, you can call the Environment Agency on 08708 506 506 or email

Check if your contractor is a licensed carrier.

The contractor must also supply its customers with a waste transfer note, which describes the kind of waste collected and where it will be disposed.

Alternatively, Thorn Turn Household Waste Recycling Centre (tidy tip) offers a 'pay by the weight', cost-effective recycling and waste disposal service to traders.