Reuse shop at Thorn Turn tidy tip, Houghton Regis
Shop open and COVID-secure
- please don't visit us if anyone in your household is in self-isolation or has symptoms of coronavirus
- we currently only accept payment by debit or credit card
Thorn Turn Household Waste Recycling Centre
Open 9am until 5pm, 7 days a week, including bank holidays (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
What items will the shop accept/sell?
We can accept items in a reusable condition including:
- bags and luggage
- soft furnishings (with a valid fire safety label)
- furniture (large and small items with a valid fire safety label)
- bicycles, bike racks
- sports equipment (except safety equipment)
- picture frames and mirrors
- kitchenware (e.g. crockery and cutlery)
- games (non-electronic)
- toys (no mains-powered)
- garden furniture
Please note: All stuffed furniture and soft furnishings must have a valid fire safety label.
What items won’t the shop accept/sell?
- clothing and shoes
- electrical and mains-powered items
- VHS tapes
- furniture and soft furnishings without a valid fire safety label
- gas appliances and gas bottles
- household chemicals
- items that use fuel – petrol-powered lawn mowers and strimmers etc.
- safety items (e.g. ladders, child seats, safety harnesses, prams, buggies, crash helmets and cycle helmets etc.)
- weapons (e.g. knives, guns and swords etc.)
- items that cannot be reused
Please note: If an item isn’t listed, please ask the site staff if it can be accepted. If donating in person at Thorn Turn, it will be at the reuse shop manager’s discretion as to whether an item is of good enough quality to sell. Any items which haven’t been priced and placed in the shop are not for sale.
Payment and shop security
All purchases can only be made on-site with the following debit or credit cards: Barclaycard, Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Maestro, and Apple Pay.
CCTV will be in operation at all times.