A travel plan is a co-ordinated strategy of measures to promote sustainable travel, with an emphasis on reducing reliance on single occupancy car journeys.
Preparing a travel plan will help you to obtain planning permission and is a requirement for most major planning applications.
We have produced detailed guidance on travel plans that you will need to follow if a travel plan is necessary for your development.
Key objectives include:
- improving site access and travel choice
- meeting an organisation's environmental standards
- increasing business efficiency and equality
- reducing congestion and demand for parking spaces
- ensuring adequate provision for people with disabilities
- providing choice and quality access to key services (such as hospitals, education and shops)
- delivering local environmental improvements from reduced congestion, pollution and noise
- tackling social exclusion and rural isolation
- tackling obesity by providing opportunities for active, healthy travel
You will need to show that your new development supports all ‘smarter’ travel options. For more information on the preparation of travel plans, please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org