Elective Home Education

How we engage with families

We may make informal enquiries to check that your child is getting a suitable education at home, but we aim to work in partnership with parents who home educate their children. You do not have to tell us about your home education plans, but we would request that you to do so.

If it appears that a child may not be receiving a suitable education, the Local Authority will consider issuing a School Attendance Order. This will require you to either register your child at a named school or demonstrate to a court that you are providing your child with a suitable education.

For more information, contact:

Team Leader Access and Inclusion Service, callĀ 0300 300 6291 or email andrew.copperwheat@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk.

Back to the top