Central Bedfordshire and Luton JLAF
The Joint Local Access Forum (JLAF) is an independent advisory body working with Central Bedfordshire Council and Luton Borough Council to improve enjoyment of Central Bedfordshire and Luton's countryside whilst safeguarding its future.
The Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 required Highway Authorities to set up a Local Access Forum. Its members are local people with a balance of interests in the countryside, including recreational users, land managers and those with interests in nature conservation, heritage, business, health, transport and access for the less able.
The Forum consists of up to 22 members, all volunteers, giving their time and experience to improve countryside access for the future.
Next meetings are 13 April and 20 April 2021 at 7pm via Microsoft Teams.
Please email email@example.com if you'd like to join.
All of our meetings are open to members of the public who are welcome to attend and contribute to discussions on the agenda items at the discretion of the Chair. If you wish to speak at a meeting on a subject which is not on the agenda, contact the forum secretary by email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2 working days before the meeting, stating the subject that you would like to speak on and why.
The meetings will be advertised in advance both here and on Luton Borough Council's website.
Agendas, minutes and related documents
26 January 2021
19 January 2021
27 October 2020
20 October 2020
- 20 October JLAF minutes
- 20 October JLAF Luton Local Transport Plan presentation
- 20 October JLAF agenda
28 July 2020
21 July 2020
21 January 2020
15 October 2019
9 July 2019
9 April 2019
15 January 2019
2 October 2018
24 July 2018
18 April 2018
31 January 2018
20 September 2017
7 June 2017
8 March 2017
5 December 2016
7 September 2016
- 7 September JLAF agenda
- 7 September JLAF minutes
- Central Bedfordshire Council Outdoor Access Improvement Plan 2015-16 full business report
- Central Bedfordshire Council Outdoor Access Improvement Plan 2015-16 highlight report
- Structures per parish spreadsheet August 2016
8 June 2016
2 March 2016 (Meeting 30)
- 2 March 2016 JLAF agenda
- 2 March 2016 JLAF minutes
- 2 March 2016 presentation (Nuisance Motorcycle policy)
2 December 2015 (Meeting 29)
30 September 2015 (Meeting 28)
24 June 2015 (Meeting 27)
29 April 2015 (Meeting 26)
- 29 April 2015 JLAF agenda
- 29 April 2015 JLAF minutes
- East - West Rail and East Coast Mainline presentation
- OAIP 2014-15 highlight report
21 January 2015 (Meeting 25)
Planning application and related documents
Who is your representative?
A list of forum members is given in alphabetical order with a short description of their interests. All members are giving up their own time as volunteers. If you require any further information, or wish to contact a member of the forum, please contact the forum secretary email@example.com or call us on 0300 300 6888 or 0300 300 5114.
- Central Bedfordshire Council - Councillor Ian Dalgarno
- Luton Borough Council - Councillor Paul Castleman
- Chilterns Conservation Board - To be appointed
Current Forum members (name / interests)
- Alison Balfour Lynn - Equestrian
- Clive Beckett - Sport and Health (Chair)
- Councillor Paul Castleman - Appointing Authority Member (Luton Borough Council)
- Robina Chatham – Equestrian
- Tom Chevalier - Dog Walking
- Mario Costa-Sa - Motorised Users
- Councillor Ian Dalgarno - Appointing Authority Member (Central Bedfordshire Council)
- Pauline Hey - Voluntary Sector
- Doug Landman - Walking
- Andy Knight - Cycling
- John Mardle - Friends of groups
- Oliver Rubenstein
- Caroline Shaw - Land Ownership
- Louis Upton - Cycling and Walking (Vice Chair)
- Tony Welch - Walking and Cycling
Telephone: 0300 300 6888 or 0300 300 5114