Pay Council Tax by telephone, standing order, Allpay or post

Other options for paying Council Tax

Pay Council Tax by telephone

Call 0300 300 8030 to make a payment

This is a 24 hour, automated telephone payment line for you to make credit or debit card Council Tax payments.

You will need:

  • your Council Tax account reference number (on the front of your bill)
  • the amount you want to pay
  • a credit or debit card
  • a pen to record your transaction number

Standard Council Tax instalments are spread over a 10 month period, due on the 5th of each month from April to January. Payment dates and amounts are on the front of your Council Tax bill.

Other options

You can also pay your Council Tax by:

  • setting up a standing order
  • using an Allpay card at your Post Office
  • by post

Setting up a standing order

You can easily set up payments directly through internet or telephone banking. Please include your Council Tax reference number.

Our bank details are:

National Westminster Bank Plc
Sort code: 60-01-16
Account number: 45062811
Account name: Central Bedfordshire Council income account

If you choose to pay by bank transfer, you will need to manually update your payment amounts each year. The council cannot change the terms of a direct payment arrangement for you.

The easiest and simplest way is to set up a Direct Debit as we will automatically update your payment when your bill changes.

Allpay payment card

You can use your Allpay payment card free of charge at any Post Office or PayPoint in the UK. Visit the Allpay website to find a payment outlet near you.

If you need a payment card sent to you, please contact us by telephone 0300 300 8306 or by email

Pay by post

You can pay by post using cheques or postal orders. Please do not send cash through the post.

Make your cheque or postal order payable to ‘Central Bedfordshire Council’ and write your address and Council Tax reference number of the back.

Send payments to:

Income Team
Central Bedfordshire Council
Priory House
Monks Walk
Bedfordshire SG17 5TQ

Want to check your balance?

You can now register to see information about your Council Tax. This takes a few minutes to set up. Once you register you will be sent a letter with details to complete the set up. You can then log on any time to see what your balance is.

You can also use this to tell us if you move house, plus access other information about housing benefits, Council Tax support claims and business rates (non-domestic rates).