Difficulty paying your Council Tax

Council Tax - what if I can’t pay?

If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, please don’t ignore it. Let us know straight away by calling us on 0300 300 8011 or emailing revenuesct@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk and we will do our best to help you.

Our trained advisors can help you by:

  • rescheduling your instalments by changing the date you pay, or changing from monthly to weekly
  • spreading your instalments over 12 months instead of 10
  • moving your direct debit date
  • fast tracking referral to Citizen’s Advice money advisors team for free independent help
  • assessing whether you maybe entitled to Council Tax Support
  • give advice on any reductions you maybe entitled to including single person discount and exemptions

Budgeting forms

Download a budgeting form (PDF 45.6KB) .

Contact us

Telephone: 0300 300 8011

Please quote your Council Tax account reference in all correspondence – your account reference is 8 or 9 digits long and starts with a 4, 7 or 8. You can find it on your Council Tax bill or any letter we’ve sent about your Council Tax.