Council Tax - what if I can’t pay?
COVID-19 - Coronavirus and Council Tax support
Our trained advisors can help you by:
- rescheduling your instalments by changing the date you pay, or changing from monthly to weekly
- spreading your instalments over 12 months instead of 10
- moving your direct debit date
- fast tracking referral to Citizen’s Advice money advisors team for free independent help
- assessing whether you maybe entitled to Council Tax Support
- give advice on any reductions you maybe entitled to including single person discount and exemptions
Download a budgeting form (PDF 45.6KB) .
Telephone: 0300 300 8011
Please quote your Council Tax account reference in all correspondence – your account reference is 8 or 9 digits long and starts with a 4, 7 or 8. You can find it on your Council Tax bill or any letter we’ve sent about your Council Tax.