Council Tax - what if I can’t pay?
If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, please don’t ignore it. Let us know straight away by calling us on 0300 300 8011 or emailing email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
Our trained advisors can help you by:
- rescheduling your instalments by changing the date you pay, or changing from monthly to weekly
- spreading your instalments over 12 months instead of 10
- moving your direct debit date
- fast tracking referral to Citizen’s Advice money advisors team for free independent help
- assessing whether you maybe entitled to Council Tax Support
- give advice on any reductions you maybe entitled to including single person discount and exemptions
Make an offer of repayment
If you’re behind with your Council Tax payments, you can make a repayment arrangement with us to settle your arrears at a rate you can afford. Complete our Council Tax income and expenditure form to tell us what you can afford to pay, and we’ll do our best to reach an agreement.
Telephone: 0300 300 8011
Please quote your Council Tax account reference in all correspondence – your account reference is 8 or 9 digits long and starts with a 4, 7 or 8. You can find it on your Council Tax bill or any letter we’ve sent about your Council Tax.