Council Tax property discounts and exemptions

Second homes and additional properties

If your property is a second or additional home, you will usually be required to pay the full Council Tax. This includes if it is unfurnished, or is undergoing repairs. You may also have to pay an empty homes premium charge.

Contact us

Telephone: 0300 300 8306

Please quote your Council Tax account reference in all correspondence – your account reference is 8 or 9 digits long and starts with a 4, 7 or 8. You can find it on your Council Tax bill or any letter we’ve sent about your Council Tax.