Council Tax property discounts and exemptions

Job related dwelling discount

We will give you a 50% discount on your Council Tax for a furnished second home in Central Bedfordshire if it is either a job related dwelling, or retained whilst you are living in a job-related dwelling as your main home. Your main home must be in England, Scotland or Wales.

Your property is classed as a job related dwelling if it is provided to you (or your spouse or civil partner) because of your job, and one of the following applies:

  • you need to live at the property to do your job
  • you are employed in a job where it is customary for employers to provide accommodation, and the accommodation is provided so that you can do your job better
  • you are required to live in the property by special security arrangements, because there is a threat to your security

Contact us

Telephone: 0300 300 8306

Please quote your Council Tax account reference in all correspondence – your account reference is 8 or 9 digits long and starts with a 4, 7 or 8. You can find it on your Council Tax bill or any letter we’ve sent about your Council Tax.