Council Tax - change your details

Council Tax - tell us if you've moved or changed your details

If your circumstances change, you must tell us within 21 days. If you don’t, we can charge you a penalty of £50.

Changes of address

If you’re reporting a change of address (moving within Central Bedfordshire, moving into Central Bedfordshire, or moving out of Central Bedfordshire), the easiest way is to do it online. You can apply for discounts, set up a Direct Debit, and notify other departments of your change of address, all at the same time as reporting your move.

Report your change of address

Any other changes

If you want to report any other changes, you can contact us:

Telephone: 0300 300 8306

Please quote your Council Tax account reference in all correspondence – your account reference is 8 or 9 digits long and starts with a 4, 7 or 8. You can find it on your Council Tax bill or any letter we’ve sent about your Council Tax.

Examples of the changes you need to report include:

  • changes to the ownership of a property
  • if a partner moves in with you
  • changes to the terms of your tenancy
  • if one of the liable people changes their name
  • if someone aged 18 or over moves in or out of the property
  • if you apply for bankruptcy, an individual voluntary arrangement or debt relief
  • changes affecting your entitlement to a discount or disregard
  • if you stop receiving child benefit for someone who is over 18

Please note: if you report a change, or apply for a reduction, you must continue to pay the amounts specified on your current bill until you get a new one.

If you need to write to us, our address is:

Customer Accounts (Council Tax)
Central Bedfordshire Council
Priory House
Monks Walk
SG17 5TQ