Appeal your Council Tax bill or Council Tax band

How to appeal your Council Tax bill

To appeal your Council Tax bill, write to:

Customer Accounts (Council Tax)

Central Bedfordshire Council
Priory House
Monks Walk
SG17 5TQ

You must appeal in writing, and your appeal must include the reason why you disagree with your Council Tax bill.

If you would like to discuss a decision about your Council Tax before you make an appeal, please contact us:

Telephone: 0300 300 8306

Please quote your Council Tax account reference in all correspondence – your account reference is 8 or 9 digits long and starts with a 4, 7 or 8. You can find it on your Council Tax bill or any letter we’ve sent about your Council Tax.

Please note: you must keep paying your original Council Tax bill until your appeal has been decided.