Rent and deposit advice

Help with a deposit or rent in advance

If you are getting housing benefit from us, and you need to move home, we may be able to help with your deposit or rent in advance.

A Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) is additional help with housing costs for people who are getting housing benefit. This could be a payment at your current address, to help with your move to your new address.

You must be getting housing benefit to get a DHP, and you will need to fill in an application form.

You can download an application form below, and find out more about the scheme on our Discretionary Housing Payment page. 

DHP awards are not automatic - we have a limited budget and you will need to show why you need extra financial help.

Download a DHP application form (PDF 71.1KB) .