Tenants: the private rent and letting service we offer
Please note: we're updating this information; in the meantime please contact 0300 300 8600 for details, thank you.
We know that as a tenant, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a suitable rented property within the private sector. We charge absolutely no tenant administration fees.
What will tenants need to rent a private property through our service?
- ability to pass referencing and checks – no outstanding rent arrears or history of anti-social behaviour
- be able to afford the rental figure – including Housing Benefit
- can sign an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) Agreement between them and the landlord
- a deposit (usually 4-6 weeks) to protect the landlord against any damage or rent arrears – this will be held securely by us in a registered scheme
- able to pay the rent on the date you move in and every month following
If you require financial assistance which could be assistance with applying for housing benefit, or access to funds, with a rent deposit or rent in advance, our Let’s Rent for tenants may be able to help you.
You may find My Central Bedfordshire (link opens in new window) useful if you’re a tenant in Central Bedfordshire or are looking to move to the area. It contains information and maps about services and other community facilities in the local area.