Tenants: Why you should rent through our Let's Rent scheme

How to report a repair if you're in a private rented property

This is for our tenants who are in privately rented properties.

As soon as you notice an issue, please follow these simple steps to report it:

  1. contact your landlord to inform them, they will complete the repairs
  2. email letsrent@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk to inform us of your progress

Emergency and out of hours

Call 0300 300 8600 for emergency issues. If you call outside office hours, at weekends and during national holidays, your call will be diverted to our out of hours service.

This service is for emergency or health and safety repairs only. You should report all other repairs using the reporting system above.

Out of hours are:

  • Monday to Thursday: 5:30pm to 8:30am
  • Friday: 4:30pm to 8:30am the following Monday