You don't need to book a slot at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre (tidy tip). Our tidy tips are open 7 days a week, from 9am to 5pm, including bank holidays.
These sites are only for Central Bedfordshire residents and you may be asked to provide proof of ID, such as photographic or proof of address.
You will require a waste permit to dispose of your waste if you are using any of the following vehicles:
- pick-up truck
- car (including MPVs) towing a single axle trailer (from 1.2 metres by 0.9 metres, up to 1.8 metres by 1.2 metres) and up to 60cm high with a cover
If visiting in one of these vehicles, visits are limited to 12 visits within a 12 month period.
Find out what types of waste you will require a permit for - and how to request one.
Who can access the sites
Tidy tips are provided for residents to dispose of their own household waste only. Please note pedestrian access is not permitted at any of our sites. If you haven’t access to transport or you have a disability which means you may require assistance in disposing of your waste then please call us 0800 302 8302 or email email@example.com at least 2 working days prior to your intended visit to discuss arrangements.
People depositing waste that has not arisen in the home will be denied entrance by site staff. This includes waste from:
- schools and any educational establishments
- Town and Parish councils
- village halls
- charity shops and charities
- places of worship, including church halls
- community interest groups
- any club, society or other groups of people
- any other public body including local or central government departments
- landlords disposing of waste from their tenanted properties, including at the end of a tenancy. This is considered to be business waste
- this includes waste arising from regular and one-off events
- any other organisation, tradesperson or business where the waste is deemed to be commercial in nature