Marston Vale outline application - overview
An outline planning application has been submitted by O&H for a mixed-use development of:
- up to 5,000 homes
- specialist residential accommodation (such as affordable housing, starter homes and homes for older people)
- up to 30 hectares of employment land including retail, community facilities, leisure and sport uses, hotel
- open spaces
- four lower schools
- two middle schools
- one upper school
- woodland planting
- waterbodies and waterway links
- ecological areas
- cycle and pedestrian routes
- supporting infrastructure
- ground remodelling, landscaping and demolition works
The site's boundary is land south of Marston Moreteyne, east of the A421 and west of Marston Vale Railway Lane, Woburn Road, Lidlington.
This area has been allocated for development in the draft Local Plan for Central Bedfordshire.
The Local Plan sets out how Central Bedfordshire will develop over the next 20 years. It outlines the strategy for ensuring the growth we need is delivered in the right place and is of the right character and quality. It also seeks to ensure that growth is delivered with supporting roads, schools, and services such as health, as well as retail, leisure and community facilities.
You can read more about the requirements for the Marston Vale new villages as set out in our Local Plan (Policy SA2 of the Plan).
The outline planning application has been submitted by O&H and will be determined under a separate legislative process to the Local Plan.