Direct payments: children with disabilities

Can I be refused a direct payment for my child?

We can refuse a direct payment if:

  • the service the parent wishes to purchase would not meet the child's needs
  • a parent refuses to obtain a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Check on a potential personal assistant or sessional support worker
  • a parent wishes to employ someone who does not have a satisfactory outcome to their CRB Check
  • it does not appear that the parent is capable of managing the payments