Henlow CofE Academy - Henlow
- Type of school
Extended secondary - academy
- Email address
Age range change
From September 2023/24 the school will have a year 7 intake. It will no longer have a year 5 intake from September 2022. For 2022/23, for years 6 to 9, you will be able to apply using the In-year application process.
- Head Teacher
- Age range
9 to 13
- Ofsted inspection
- Published admission numbers (places available)
Year 5: 60; year 6: 180; year 7: 150; year 8: 180; year 9: 205
- Designated measuring point
- Oversubscription criteria
- all ‘looked-after’ children or children who were previously ‘looked-after’ (see definition below)
- pupils with siblings at the academy
- pupils living in the catchment area
- children of permanent staff
- attendance at our traditional feeder schools: All Saints Church of England Academy, Clifton; Derwent Primary, Henlow Camp; Langford Village Academy; Meppershall Church of England Academy; and Raynsford Church of England Academy, Henlow
- children, one or more of whose parents/carers have, at the time of application, shown commitment to the Church of England or, in relation to those of other faiths, a relevant place of worship by attending a service at least once a month for the year prior to an application being made (see definition below)
- any other children
Definition of 'children who appear to have been in state care outside of England'
Children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
A child is regarded as having been in state care in a place outside of England if they were accommodated by a public authority, a religious organisation or any other provider of care whose sole purpose if to benefit society.
Definition of 'attending a service'
In the event that during the period specified for attendance at worship the church or, in relation to those of other faiths, relevant place of worship has been closed for public worship and has not provided alternative premises for that worship, the requirements of these admissions arrangements in relation to attendance will only apply to the period when the church, relevant place of worship or alternative premises have been available for public worship.
Applicants in this category will need to ask their priest or minister to complete the relevant section of our standard application form. Find out how to apply on religious grounds.
- Allocation statistics
Allocation statistics Published admission number (PAN) Requests Places offered Last place offered 140 (allocated to 180) 195 180 At the time of the initial allocation in April 2022, the last place offered was to a child in criterion "any other children" who lived at a distance of 2,902.15 metres from the school
- In-year admissions
Information for in-year admission during academic year September 2022 to July 2023
Admission number per year group:
- year 5: 150
- year 6: 210
- year 7: 205
- year 8: 140
Oversubscription criteria: As above
- School closures
You can either check our website for school closures or register to get email alerts if a school closes:
- School transport
- School transport timetables
- General school email alerts
- Report incorrect school information
If you believe any of the information on this page is incorrect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Music lessons in schools
- Term dates