Central Bedfordshire and Luton JLAF
The Joint Local Access Forum (JLAF) is an independent advisory body working with Central Bedfordshire Council and Luton Borough Council to improve enjoyment of Central Bedfordshire and Luton's countryside whilst safeguarding its future.
The Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 required Highway Authorities to set up a Local Access Forum. Its members are local people with a balance of interests in the countryside, including recreational users, land managers and those with interests in nature conservation, heritage, business, health, transport and access for the less able.
The Forum consists of up to 22 members, all volunteers, giving their time and experience to improve countryside access for the future.
Next meeting: 8th March 2017 - 7pm - 9pm - Priory House, Chicksands
All of our meetings are open to members of the public who are welcome to attend and contribute to discussions on the agenda items at the discretion of the Chair. If you wish to speak at a meeting on a subject which is not on the agenda, contact the forum secretary on 0300 300 8305 or email@example.com no later than 2 working days before the meeting, stating the subject that you would like to speak on and why.
The meetings will be advertised in advance both here and on the Luton Borough Council's website (link opens in new window). Agendas, papers and minutes of the meeting will be available on the websites as above and at our Bedford and Luton Offices.
Agendas, minutes and related documents
5 December 2016
- 5 December agenda (PDF 83.4KB)
- 5 December minutes (PDF 124.6KB)
- 5 December Bedfordshire LNP presentation (PDF 1.3MB)
7 September 2016
- 7 September agenda (PDF 83.5KB)
- 7 September minutes (PDF 122.7KB)
- Central Bedfordshire Council Outdoor Access Improvement Plan 2015-16 full business report (PDF 727.3KB)
- Central Bedfordshire Council Outdoor Access Improvement Plan 2015-16 highlight report (PDF 1.6MB)
8 June 2016
2 March 2016 (Meeting 30)
- 2 March 2016 agenda (PDF 83.9KB)
- 2 March 2016 minutes (Word 891.5KB)
- 2 March 2016 presentation (PDF 412.6KB) (Nuisance Motorcycle policy)
2 December 2015 (Meeting 29)
30 September 2015 (Meeting 28)
24 June 2015 (Meeting 27)
29 April 2015 (Meeting 26)
- 29 April 2015 agenda (PDF 83.7KB)
- 29 April 2015 minutes (PDF 134.4KB)
- East - West Rail and East Coast Mainline presentation (PDF 263.1KB)
- OAIP 2014-15 highlight report (PDF 1000.6KB)
21 January 2015 (Meeting 25)
Who is your representative?
A list of forum members is given in alphabetical order with a short description of their interests. All members are giving up their own time as volunteers. If you require any further information, or wish to contact a member of the forum, please contact the forum secretary firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0300 300 6112.
- Central Bedfordshire Council - To be appointed
- Luton Borough Council - Councillor Paul Castleman
- Chilterns Conservation Board - To be appointed
Current Forum members (name / interests)
- Clive Beckett - Sport and Health
- Steve Bumstead - Land Owning and Managing
- Cllr Paul Castleman - Appointing Authority Member (Luton Borough Council)
- Tom Chevalier - Dog Walking
- Julian Clark-Lowes - Walking
- John Mardle - Friends of groups
- Mario Costa-Sa - Motorised Users
- Brian Golby - Conservation
- Pauline Hey - Voluntary Sector (Chair)
- Andy Knight - Cycling (Vice Chair)
- Jim McKeane - Land Owning and Managing
- David Simkins - Land Owning and Managing
- Louis Upton - Cycling and Walking
- Tony Welch - Walking and Cycling
- Rosalyn Whisker - Equestrian
Tel: 0300 300 8305