Appeal your Council Tax

Appeal your Council Tax

Appeals against your bill

You can appeal against your Council Tax bill if you disagree with:

  • who we have made liable for Council Tax in your household
  • the date we have made you liable from
  • our calculation of your Council Tax
  • our decision about a discount or exemption on your Council Tax

How to appeal your bill

Appeals against your band

You can appeal against your Council Tax band if you disagree with:

  • whether a property should be separately banded for Council Tax
  • the valuation band which has been given to your property

How to appeal your band

If you’re not sure whether you can appeal, or who you should appeal to, please contact us.

Telephone: 0300 300 8306

Please quote your Council Tax account reference in all correspondence – your account reference is 8 or 9 digits long and starts with a 4, 7 or 8. You can find it on your Council Tax bill or any letter we’ve sent about your Council Tax.

Back to the top