Reasons to appeal your Council Tax bill
You can appeal against your Council Tax bill if you disagree with:
- who we have made liable for Council Tax in your household
- the date we have made you liable from
- our calculation of your Council Tax
- our decision about a discount or exemption on your Council Tax
Appeals against your Council Tax band
You can appeal against your Council Tax band if you disagree with:
- whether a property should be separately banded for Council Tax
- the valuation band which has been given to your property
If you’re not sure whether you can appeal, or who you should appeal to, please contact us.
Telephone: 0300 300 8306
Please quote your Council Tax account reference in all correspondence – your account reference is 8 or 9 digits long and starts with a 4, 7 or 8. You can find it on your Council Tax bill or any letter we’ve sent about your Council Tax.