Living in mobile and park homes

Information for park home site owners

COVID-19 advice for owners and residents of park home sites

During the pandemic, park home site owners should continue to keep sites safe. We will continue to take enforcement action against landlords who do not comply with their responsibilities, unless there is a good reason. As officers are only visiting sites in extreme situations, owners and occupiers are being asked to take part in live video calls or to send in photos of any problems which require investigation.

The government has published guidance outlining a list of circumstances in which businesses providing holiday accommodation would stay open.

If you need advice from us, please get in touch:

Telephone: 0300 300 8676

Changes to park home site rules

The Mobile Homes (Site Rules) (England) Regulations 2014 (PDF 2MB) set out a new procedure on 4 February 2014. The new procedure gives residents the ability to appeal against proposed site rules at the First Tier Tribunal Property Chamber (Residential Property) (link opens in new window).

The regulations gives Park Home site owners 12 months to put in place new site rules. Site owners are required to deposit their site rules with the Local Authority - there is a fee for this. Details of Park Home site licensing fees can be found in the Social Care, Health and Housing schedule of fees and charges.

Changes to licensing and the introduction of licence fees

Local Authorities can charge site owners a fee for applying for a site licence (link opens in new window), for amendments or transfers of existing licences, and for annual fees.

Changes to the enforcement of site licence breaches

Local Authorities are able to serve compliance notices (PDF 264.3KB) on site owners where site licence conditions are breached. Failure to comply with the notice is a criminal offence.

You can apply for a new site licence, or amend or transfer an existing licence using the following online forms:

Alternatively, you can request a paper copy to be sent to you for completion which should be returned to:

Private Sector Housing – Park Homes
Central Bedfordshire Council
Priory House
Monks Walk
SG17 5TQ

I have applied for a licence, what happens next?

Once we have your application we will determine what fee is applicable and send you an invoice. Methods of payment will be shown on the invoice and may include sending a cheque made payable to Central Bedfordshire Council to the above address or by making payment over the telephone.

We will issue a licence within 2 months of receiving a valid application.

What can I do if my application is refused?

If your application, amendment or transfer is refused or you disagree with the conditions attached to any licence issued you may appeal to the First Tier Tribunal Property Chamber (Residential Property) (link opens in new window) within 28 days of being notified by us of the decision.

Central Bedfordshire is covered by the Eastern Region office based in Cambridge.

When are fees payable?

Fees are payable in advance, to mirror the financial year (1 April to 31 March).
Invoices will be sent out during the month of April requiring payment within 30 days.

If a new site is licensed, then an invoice will be sent out pro-rata.

If a site is expanded then annual fees will be increased accordingly.

How are the licensing fees calculated?

View the details of the fees in the Park Homes fees policy (PDF 5.2MB) .


View the current fees.

You can also view the current and historic fees.

Park home site rules

Site rules will differ from site to site. You can view The Mobile Homes (Site Rules) (England) Regulations 2014 (link opens in new window) of which Schedule 5 sets out prescribed matters that are not permitted.