Highways licences

Building materials licence

You need a permit to place these items on a footway, verge or carriageway:

  • building materials
  • bags
  • cement mixers
  • containers
  • cranes


The cost is £43.20 and it is valid for 4 weeks. Each extension for more time for up to 4 weeks may be applied for and will cost a further £43.20.

How to apply

Please complete the building materials application form (PDF 18.2KB) the building materials application form and email this to streetworks@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk.

Telephone: 0300 300 8049
Email: streetworks@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk