Local welfare provision
Funding for emergency and grant provision is limited. This means the scheme is subject to change, and can only be provided while funds are available.
Emergency provision is available following an emergency or crisis to meet the immediate day-to-day expenses relating to food and utilities. Supermarket vouchers and top-ups for pre-paid energy meters are provided to meet these needs.
To be eligible for the emergency provision you must be:
- permanently residing within Central Bedfordshire
- 16 years or older
- in an emergency situation and not have enough money to meet the immediate needs of you and your family
You do not need to be in receipt of any benefit or entitlement.
How to apply
The quickest way to apply is online.
Telephone: 0300 300 8070 (lines are open from 8:30am until 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8:30 am until 4pm on Friday)
Please note: all applications are online or telephone only. There is no facility to see applicants in person.
Grant provision can provide goods and services to help people to live in the community. It may be offered, for example, for resettlement following a period in care, prison or other institution, or to ease exceptional pressures on families following a breakdown of a relationship or a disaster.
Successful applicants will receive their goods directly. Monetary payments will not usually be made.
To be eligible for grant provision, you must:
- be permanently residing within Central Bedfordshire
- receive means-tested benefits, such as Guaranteed Pension Credit, Universal Credit, Income Support, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance or income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- be 16 years or older
- have no other source of income or financial assistance to meet unexpected or expensive outlays
How to apply
Telephone: 0300 300 8070 (lines are open from 8:30 am until 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8:30am until 4pm on Friday)
We will send you an application form to complete. You will have to attend an interview within 7 working days of receipt of your completed application to discuss your claim. We will make a decision within 7 working days of your interview.