Emergency provision is available following an emergency or crisis to meet the immediate day-to-day expenses relating to food and utilities. Supermarket vouchers and top-ups for pre-paid energy meters are provided to meet these needs.
What you need to do BEFORE completing the online application and to AVOID DELAYS
You will be asked for electronic copies of the following documents. Therefore, it is important that you have these ready before you complete the form.
- Proof of ID including proof of address - this can be a passport or driving licence and a utility bill, council tax bill or bank statement.
- Proof of benefits/wages - please include ALL benefits. Clearly showing the amount and date these were last paid. You will be asked to advise on the frequency of these payments.
- A photo of your gas and/or electricity meters showing the balance screen.
- Your latest Current Account Bank Statement for one full month. This can be downloaded from your online banking or by visiting your local branch.
- Please provide your National Insurance Number on your application - applications will not be considered without this.
Failing to provide these documents will delay your application and may result in it being closed. In this instance, you will be required to submit a new application.
All vouchers are awarded electronically via email, so it is important that you provide an email address within the application otherwise we will not be able to award you
We will communicate to you by email, please make sure you check your email inbox and junk mail before contacting us regarding the status of your application
Please note: completed applications (which include the verification documents above) received before 2pm will usually be awarded the same day. Applications received after 2pm will be awarded the next working day.
If you are having difficulty uploading documents, please email documents to email@example.com. AFTER you have submitted your application and quote your application reference number in the email